Thursday, April 3, 2014

Flag Day :)


Hi humans :) Going to blog about this meaningful day today! 
- Flag Day: 
As you all know or may not know, this is my 3rd time doing flag day! I have always been liking this day because i felt it is super meaningful and also is the day i can see different kind of people, the day that i said a lot of "thank you!" Doing flag day make me learn a bit more about this day society, people characteristic and other more. It is pretty interesting! I won't deny that i'm judging every single one of the people that didn't donate....I know i should't judge but seriously.....PEOPLE DO JUDGE NO MATTER WHAT OKAY! And yeah....Flag day go on smoothly and i did not encounter any trouble, scolding or lecture compared to my previous 2 flag day experience! It kind of sadden me that most of the people that donate is often elderly, uncle and auntie and family that have children. Now i wonder, what happen to those teenagers and adult that are working? I'm not saying that all teenagers and adult that are working did not donate nor am i saying that all elderly, uncle and auntie and family that have children donate but just wondering you know.....Because mostly is really those people that are much older such as elderly donate. Now i ask you, what can you see from here? From what i see is that people are becoming more and more selfish. Really....And that's what i really see. It pretty saddening. 

Okay, this is how i judge. I have learn that not to judge the book by it cover after this. And all the point i list down is true, base on what i see and experience. 


1) A man wearing a long sleeve shirt with a tie and a suit, very neat and tidy with his leather working bag and wearing leather shoes. Dress pretty smart isn't it? At first, i thought...Probably he will donate since he look rich and he probably working in the office which consider have a not bad salary. But to my amazement he said no thank you. Still polite but still....no donate.

2) A women, wearing elegant black dress with black high heel. Carrying a LV bag. "Woah! She look rich!" I thought to myself. But end up, she just walk away.....ignoring me. How can i not judge? Probably the LV bag is fake isn't it? Or maybe she really rich but....still no manner, no donate. 


3) Teenagers wearing a really casual clothes but fashionable, went to shopping. I thought to myself maybe they will donate a few since they come here shopping, confirm have money in their pocket. But they say no and walk away....Even worse, some see until us, they run past us....YES RUN! Or some of you, they prefer to take the longer route to reach their destination rather than donating and went to the shorter route. I really don't understand why most teenager scared of us because we didn't even point a gun at their head and say must donate. Donation can be whatever amount, is the sincerity that matter the most isn't it? 


4) I realised quite a number of people said, "Sorry i have no coin." This really make me wonder......Donation doesn't necessary have to donate coin....You can donate notes too! Why they have this mindset that die die must donate coin? I don't understand. 


5) An elderly, did not dress really fancy, but she donate. Not only she donate, she still very friendly, kind and chat with us about helping people more often! I love most elderly really...They are so generous that i actually respect them a lot. 


6) A family, with their children. As you know children like to donate and paste sticker on their clothes which is like what i do when i was young, so of course the parents always give coin to the children and ask them donate.....This is the scene that i'm most touch and feel a lot of love :) I hope that those children grow up will learn how to help people and i think that their parents teach them the right thing! Especially if they know this is to help other needy people! 


Okay luh! Not going to say so much about what i judge...However, what i said is true okay! 


I'm happy to say that I and my friends donation bag is quite heavy and our efforts pay off :D But still, have to thank those who donated :D Plus, it is not easy though because there are other school that went to the same place as us and ask for donation. It is so funny that most of the people donate to us and they got angry......Don't you think is funny? I mean like why so angry? In the end, all the donation go to the same place isn't it? And it kind of sadden me that some people didn't put in the effort when asking people to donate. I have learnt that standing like a statue does not help. We have to approach them, interact with them, smile and talk to them. Perhaps they are shy....I hope. 


Anyway, have KFC breakfast with ZiYun and LingLi that day too :D 

That's all for this wordy post :D
Bye :)

PS: Not trying to offend anyone. What i said is just my thoughts. 

Post a Comment