Thursday, April 2, 2015

Start Of My TP Journey

Hi human! I'm back! :D I know i know....I have been slacking off and didn't publish post on time! Anyway, i'm back now and i actually want to consider my Polytechnic Preparatory Programme (PPP) end but......There are 2 activities being pushed back so.........You get what i mean. Okay, throwback to 9, 10 and 13 February :)

9 February 2015 (Monday)
Welcome and Official Commencement of PPP

It was my first day of school and i remembered i reach school super early on that day to meet Gillian! I was super anxious and scared! After chatting with Gillian, i am quite relax but still scared! Hahahahaha!!! :D Okay, moving on. Since i don't know the place well and i have to find auditorium 3 alone, i have a Temasek Polytechnic (TP) map on my hand.....Yeah....feel like a tourist. Being a total blur sotong, i even ask people around just for auditorium 3 -.-. Luckily, a senior of direct school admission (DPA) student actually told me where is it so yeahhhhhh I'm not totally lost okay!!! So, we have to wait for everyone to reach then the PPP start! So, i went to the Applied Science line to register. Kind of happy when i received my matriculation card :P


Later on, I went into the auditorium with PPP booklet on my hand and my matriculation card. Sadly, i sit alone :( because i know no one and everyone have their own group of friends. After that, i listen to the speech such as introduction, overall schedule, knowing people and also DPA senior story. Then, i realised that the PPP booklet indicate my class and i am in class T03 which study transnational studies (TNS) and Japanese. After that, some of the group leader guide us out and then we start to eat and play games to know each other better. 





So yeah. 
Here is the photos. 

After playing games which was super fun, we also have campus tour so that we can familiarise the place faster. Then, the end :) 

10 February 2015 (Tuesday)
Leadership and Adventure Programme

I can't really remember anything except that this was the day where i get sunburned due to dragon boat but dragon boat is super fun! It was so fun that i want dragon boat as one of my CCA. Don't be shock!!! I haven choose CCA yet! Probably i will be CCA-less as i can't really manage my time well.



After that, we wait for some of our classmates who volunteer to help keep the dragon boat :) After that went to change into a dry clothes and eat lunch :). Then later we played Treasure Hunt. :) I group with Jason, Syimah, Aik Wee, Audrey and Yasmin :) 




After treasure hunt, home sweet home :) 


DPA students :) 

13 February 2015 (Friday)
Team Bonding Programme

I swear i only remember moment really well..... gosh...I have the worse memory.... Anyway, as usual i can't remember what happen except for the activities. I don't even remember the activities name.... oh my god...So i am going to try my best and describe okay! Hahahaha! :P So we play a game kind of similar to treasure hunt. We have clue and we need to find the places and do some tasks and write down the answers. That day i group with Syimah, Yasmin and Jeremiah :) After that, we played a game as a class. We also need to do some challenges as a class in order to get close to another class which was our enemy. Then we have water bomb to bomb other class. In the end, our class lose.....However.......the instructor said that we have the least bomb due to the previous treasure hunt alike game (our class point is low so least bomb) , so we have the advantage to bomb other class with more water bomb that they provided. But as a class, we discussed. And our conclusion is we bomb ourselves. When we bomb ourselves, everyone was so surprised/shocked we did that! Hahahaha! :P 



After that, we went to eat as a class :) Photo taken when some of them left though :( 



Here is the end of the fun time in poly :)
I will blog about Cross Disciplinary Experience soon which is to study our Cross Disciplinary Subjects which is Transnational Studies and Japanese. Yes, after those 3 days, we officially need to study like crazy :) 
So, that's all for now :) Bye ! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi. so the PPP booklet is the enrolment package? and you only know the subject you're allocated to for your 2nd CDS once the enrolment package arrive? Thanks for your reply!:)

Fann Ong said...

Hi! The Polytechnic Preparatory Programme (PPP) booklet is not the Enrolment package :). Enrolment package only includes Enrolment Notice, Enrolment Data Form, Enrolment Guide with Envelope A enclosed, Financial Package with Envelope B (Full-Time Diploma Students) or
Envelope C (Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) Students) enclosed. Since i apply poly through Direct Poly Admission (DPA) instead of JAE, i started school on February instead of April. Hence, i receive the PPP booklet which will tells me which DPA class i will go to and also the events that will happen such as bonding activities :). Students that apply DPA have the privilege to start choosing and study 2 Cross Disciplinary Subjects (CDS). If you apply poly through JAE, choosing CDS only happened on August. :)